From: $120 per room / per night
PUERTO BAQUERIZO MORENO, SAN CRISTOBAL ISLAND
Located over the oceanfront boardwalk and only a few meters away from Playa de Oro beach, Casa Opuntia is the finest hotel on San Cristobal Island. In addition to the best location in town, Casa Opuntia features beautiful facilities, gourmet cuisine, and strong sustainability practices.
Our restaurant is renowned for having some of San Cristobal’s best seafood, including our famous ceviche, which many describe as the best they’ve ever had. The open-air dining room is surrounded by lush gardens of endemic plants and provides sweeping ocean views while you dine. After lunch, have a drink by the pool or stroll down to Playa de Oro to visit the sea lion colony next door.
At Casa Opuntia, the best of San Cristobal Island is at your fingertips. We know that this incredible environment is fragile, and we do our part to conserve it with our forward-thinking sustainability policy. We strive to produce zero plastic, paper, cardboard, or Styrofoam waste, and our carbon neutrality project should make Casa Opuntia carbon neutral by 2015.
Service and Facilities:
- Eleven cozy, air-conditioned rooms with a variety of layouts
- Gourmet seafood restaurant with open-air, waterfront dining room
- Private outdoor pool with bar
- Direct access to the boardwalk, town, and beach
- Incredible views of the bay
- Endemic gardens and plantings throughout the hotel
- Industry-leading sustainability practices
- Wireless internet in common areas
- Professional, bilingual service staff
- Safe deposit box in every room
- Laundry service
See a video about the hotel